Sunday, January 31, 2010

So let me tell you about my weekend...

Some friends and I had made plans for awhile to go to Atlanta so I could go to Ikea for the first time, then get dinner and go shopping/whatever. Well on Friday it snowed. And not just a tiny bit of snow, but like 4-5 inches of snow. At first I was
pretty frustrated with the weather...but
when Garrett called me to come play, I decided I should just suck it up and have fun. So I
did...SO MUCH FUN!!! We went sledding, had
snowball fights, wrestled, and much more crazy fun. Yay for snow!!!

Then Saturday after lunch we went back out in
the snow again and did more of the same. This time some of the snow had melted and was a lot more icy. So when everyone decided to throw 21 snowballs at me they definitely hurt a bit more. :) And I almost died going down a crazy hill on the cafeteria trays. Still worth the fun though...duh.




In the afternoon we headed over to Mercer and just chilled playing cards, catchphrase, fishbowl, accompanied by lots of laughter. Then...came open dorm time. :) Garrett had taken my party-in-a-box that my parents sent me that included balloons, candles, plates, hats, crepe paper, and all other things to make a festive party. When I got there for open dorm his room was decorated
with everything and we had margaritas with sprite instead of...whatever else is supposed to go in them. haha... :) And...they had CREAM PUFFS!!!!! Which are obviously my fave. :) We had so much fun taking pictures, grooving to music, playing signs, and playing double Halo (at least that's what I'm calling it). Yeah...good times for sure.

My friends were all so amazing this birthday. Those here at school went way out of their way to
make sure I still had a good birthday even though I was initially real disappointed we couldn't go to Atlanta. And I got so many lovely birthday phone calls from dear friends and facebook wall posts and e-mails...etc. I definitely felt loved and that's a great feeling. I really do think this has been the best weekend ever, and not just because it was my birthday. I think we all really just had fun, pure real fun. :)

1 comment: