Tuesday, December 23, 2008

back to blogging

So it's been a long time since I've attempted to document any thing pertaining to my life in a blog.  I had a xanga (back when they were cool) but that has been laid to rest for a while now.  I'm not sure what has inspired me to get back to the blogging world...but maybe it's about time I rejoined.  I have no idea if anyone will even read this, but that's really besides the point to me. 

Anyway...it's Christmas break.  Hallelujah!  I can honestly say that I'm really glad this semester is over.  This was a really hard one for me...but I got through it.  It wasn't really one thing that made it seem like I was living in hell at times, but more of a combination of a lot of little things...mostly between my academics and social life.

I took 19 credit hours and almost died near the end from the work load...BUT...I didn't fail any classes and came out with the highest semester GPA I've had thus far.  The journey to get to the end often involved super late nights of studying and paper-writing, only accompanied by my trusty iPod and Mac'n'cheese.

My extra-curricular activities seemed to consume a lot of my time also.  Between being the Sophomore class female Senator, participating in two large Chorale productions, and having harp lessons and a job on top of that...having free time was rare.  Each of these activities did add a special element to my semester, and there's not one that I would have given up.  

Friendships were an interesting part of my semester.  I gained some really valuable friends, and lost a few also.  Losing friends (especially one in particular) was really rough on me, happened at a really bad time in relation to everything else, and I'm still not dealing with it very well.  I know God has lessons in this for me to learn, and there are things I need to do better with friendships...but still...not a fun thing to go through.  There were points in the semester that I felt incredibly alone.  I could essentially count the number of true friends I felt I had on one hand...but those few people are so precious to me.  They would keep me company on car rides, take random trips to Taco Bell or Sonic, sing loudly to ridiculous songs, give me hugs when I needed them, and laugh or cry with me...depending on the moment.

So I guess the semester wasn't all bad.  It was hard...and there are probably things I would do over again if I could...but in the end God is faithful and loves me more than anyone else in the world ever could.  

"In Christ alone my hope is found...He is my light, my strength, my song..."

So there it is.  My re-entry to the blogging world.  We'll see how this actually keeps up once I get back to school.  :)  

~erika

No comments:

Post a Comment