I knew that coming to college would mean that I wouldn't update this as often. And it doesn't help that my computer is currently not working (you can be praying about that actually...).
Coming back to school has still been an adjustment...but there have been a few bright spots.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
First off...did you know that his name is actually Michael Luther King, Jr. but that he changed his name to Martin, thus making him not a really Jr. anymore. So I thought that was weird.
Anyway, at Bryan they have a tradition of making MLK day a huge service day, with every student participating in a project somewhere in the community. My group (Evan, Seth, Chad, Natalie, and I) went to this elderly lady's house to help her with yard work and indoor things she couldn't do herself. We knew the day was gonna be awesome when she introduced herself, "Hi, my name is Lois. I'm Superman's girlfriend." :) We got to rake her whole yard while it was snowing (magical!) and then we went inside for lunch were Lois had made us homemade brownies and blondies (with pecans from a tree in her yard) that were SO delicious! Then we cleaned her blinds, behind her fridge, things like that. She was even awesome enough to help us play a prank on some friends back at school!!! After we were done working, we all sat around and played some songs on the piano and sang along with some hymns. She was a precious lady and our whole group had such a blast serving her.
Classes/SGA/etc...
They are going well...nothing too terribly hard or interesting yet. I need to go make sure all my homework is done for tomorrow actually. :) I'm adding one more credit (Women's Chorus) which will bring my total to 18. Hopefully I won't be killing myself for the end of the semester. Been there...done that. SGA is good. Our meeting tonight was pretty fun and hilarious, while still accomplishing things. I think this semester will be a good one for us.
So that's basically all I can think of right now. I'm still hoping to make it to a CRU meeting at some point in Chatty...but that hasn't happened yet. Having no money for gas is making that a bit difficult. Alas...
My latest form of humiliation will probably be coming tomorrow night as I signed up to play on an intermural basketball team. If there's one thing that I absolutely cannot do...it's basketball...so this should be interesting. :-P
-erika
No comments:
Post a Comment