Tuesday, January 13, 2009

eventful few days...

Friday
I went down to Charleston to visit Kyle.  It was the most magical perfect day ever.  
Just a few of our adventures 
included: 
-frolicking on the beach and building a sand castle as the sun was setting and a full moon was out.
-finding a spiral staircase that led up to the roof of a beautiful old house.
-eating chicken wings for dinner...and not having to worry about being a complete mess!
-wandering around downtown having deep conversations
-sitting at the pier, drinking sparkling grape juice and eating skittles while two dolphins swam around out in the harbor.
There was a lot more than this...but it would be too hard to explain.  I'm just glad I got to have some good time with Kyle before coming back to school...he's a great friend...and Charleston is freakin' amazing!  :)

Saturday/Sunday
I drove back to Tennessee.  The drive wasn't too bad...kinda long, lonely, and rainy for part of the way.  But I made it just fine.  That evening I went down to Chattanooga to go to the CRU kickoff party.  I got to see lots of friends from Encounter and have lots of fun!  They are a great group, and I hope I'll get to do a lot of stuff with them this semester.  That night I spent with Jamie and we had a great time.  
She's awesome...and just the friend I need right now.  I wish she wasn't in 
Chatty so that I could see her more...but oh well.  Sunday afternoon I just chilled and watched a 
movie with Josh before coming back to Bryan for a pancake dinner made by Beisner.  Then I finally got to see Braveheart for the first time.  SO GOOD!  :)

Monday/Tuesday
SGA retreat.  It was a good time to rebond with the whole team.  These retreats are always good...and always frustrating in a sense.  I usually come away with a lot of ideas up in my head, and things that I think we can do better, but not a solid sense of how to implement them or make real changes.  So we'll see how this all affects the rest of the semester.

So now I'm back at school.  I'm really split on whether or not I want to be here.  Classes start tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to that at all...but it will help me get in a routine I hope.  We'll see...

-erika

2 comments:

  1. i love us.

    and i went and threw a skittle in the bay for you the other day...fyi;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the stuff life should always be made of.

    ReplyDelete