Well...I'm living on my own. For those who don't know...I'm doing an internship with Prison Fellowship Ministries this summer...and living in the DC area.
I drove 8 hours yesterday to get here. It didn't take me that long to get settled in and unpacked, and (for now) my room is actually very clean and put together. It's actually one of my goals to keep it that way throughout the summer. I'm apparently going to have a roommate at some point...but for now I'm just on my own. I'll be glad when all the rest of the interns get here, 'cause then I'll have some other people to share adventures with. Last night, after a dinner of soup and bread (dipped in olive oil), I walked around the campus for a bit. Since my internet wasn't working in my room I just went to bed at 9:30. I don't even remember the last time I went to bed that early. But getting 12 hours of sleep was nice. haha...
I drove by the PFM headquarters this morning so I would know where I was going on Monday...and now I'm sitting in a Starbucks (yay wifi!) and am about to head to downtown DC for some adventures. I think today I'm just going to walk around downtown...maybe see the White House and a few other little things I've noticed on my handy map. Tomorrow I might hit up the National Zoo (which is FREE!!!). So I'm doing well in my personal promise of not being boring on the weekends. :)
Hopefully I'll do a good job of keeping up with this throughout the summer...
Bye for now!
-Erika
Here's a few pictures:
Me: bored. :-P

My room (view from the door). I brought my bamboo! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment