I just got back from a weekend trip to Charleston about thirty minutes ago. I had one of the most relaxing and fun weekends of my life. For me, it was the perfect time to get away from home for a bit and be with people I love. The time had this weird feel of not feeling like a visit, but rather like normal life...like I belong. I don't get that very often anymore.
Laying on the beach will give you time to think...while you stare out at the never ending ocean and watch the waves that keep coming in.
- I discovered that I haven't really changed as much as I thought I had. Deep down inside I'm still the same optimistic cheerful girl...it just takes a little longer to get there. You have to dig a little deeper and peel away a lot more layers to find it.
- I discovered that some of the most cynical people about the romantic part of life really can find it. *precious*
- I discovered that I have a really hard time opening up to people (even people that I trust) and telling them what's on my mind...until it's too late. Now I'm just left with things that I wish I had said, but was too scared to actually let my thoughts become words.
- I discovered that country music is actually a good companion for a drive home that you don't want to be taking. Don't hold it against me...I'm still not a country music fan. :)
I really could keep going on...but I'm tired and need sleep badly. *sigh* Yay for good weekends. Hopefully it won't be too long before it can happen again.
Charleston, you're a magical place...don't ever change.
-Erika
No comments:
Post a Comment