Thursday, November 11, 2010

So I guess I don't really need a theme for this blog. Really it's my little way to contribute to the content on the world wide web...so all freedom is mine, right? :)

I just want to reflect on the Lord's perfect timing for a minute. Tonight I heard some news that hit a deep core inside of me. It wasn't bad news. In fact for some people it's probably the most exciting news of their lives. But for me it brought up a lot of old hurt that I thought was gone. I really struggled as I tried to understand how to deal with these intense feelings of pain and regret. Then I heard the song "Desert Song". There are rich lyrics within that song, but some that particularly stood out were, "All of my life, in every season, you are still God. I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship." The song "Our God" also proclaims "Our God is healer, awesome in power..." These simple promises of God's provision, stability, and healing power really were all I needed to hear tonight. I don't understand how to achieve closure in this particular situation, but right now all I know is that I have a God who loves me and provides all I need no matter what else life seems to throw my way.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you know the Father's love, Erika! You're right: He's got you, beautiful. He understands your hurt, all of it, and He's totally capable of handling every emotion you can throw at Him right now.

    I'm sorry for the pain and confusion, precious. I wish I could fix it for you and hold you and play with your hair and rub your back. God's comfort is pure and perfect, though, and He's here all the time.

    He will make things whole in time. This, too, shall pass.

    I love you, and He loves you even more.

    Xoxo,
    Linja

    ReplyDelete