Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wow...life...

Today has been a really hard day for me. A lot things are just adding up on top of each other...and I'm not dealing with it all very well.

-a girl that I got to know in Northern Ireland last summer found out she's pregnant. I don't know the whole story, but it sounds like it was not with her consent and she doesn't know who the father is (take from that what you will). I'm praying that this continues to draw her closer to the Lord and her local church really takes her under their wing and just love on her. I wish I could be there for her. It's hard to only communicate online.

-one of my friends from high school's mom has been battling cancer for a long time and today went home to be with her Lord. I haven't talked with this friend for a long time, but my heart is hurting for him and his brother and the rest of his family. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

-my relationships with a few of the interns here are really taxing on me mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. It's hard to love someone when I don't respect them and there have been consistent patterns of disrespect, lack of care, no communication, etc all summer long. I realize that I've been raised to have a different work ethic and priorities then some people, but I just don't understand when basic courtesy is suddenly a strange thing for people. I'm not trying to pretend that I'm better then everyone else, I need redemption and grace just like everyone else. God is still working on my heart and bringing me closer to Him.

People will continue to fail me. I do not live my life to please people, only to please my Savior. If my heart is not full of the love of Christ, there will be nothing else left to overflow into the lives of those around me. "Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." (Luke 6:45)

So pray for those I've mentioned. Pray that I would embrace these last few days of my internship here in NOVA and not leave with any regrets. I've met some fantastic people while I've been here...it's going to be really hard to leave them and the BreakPoint office (you know who you are!).

Life continues on...

No comments:

Post a Comment